Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Integration with Ademco Security Systems Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jeffx

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 15 2005 at 09:19 | IP Logged Quote jeffx

Has anyone integrated Powerhome with an Ademco/Honeywell security system? Say the Vista 20P with a 6270 touch panel keypad, 6150RF and the x10 power supply?

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 18 2005 at 20:52 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Jeff,

I havent heard of anyone doing so. I assume this system has a serial port for external integration? What kind of integration were you looking to do?

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

jeffx

Posted: May 22 2005 at 23:36 | IP Logged Quote jeffx

The Honeywwll controller has an x-10 transmitter/receiver so it would communicate via a powerline signal. It also has an RF transmitter/receiver and a relay control. I'd like custom macros to be triggered when any events occur, such as a door opening or a motion sensor being triggered (sensors hardwired to the Honeywell controller).

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 23 2005 at 17:27 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Since the Honeywell has an X-10 transmitter/receiver, can it be configured to send X-10 commands when the conditions you're interested in are triggered (door opening, motion sensor, etc)? If so, then PowerHome could certainly trigger off of these with an appropriate X-10 receiver (CM11A, PowerLinc, etc). I would'nt think it would be likely, but you never know.

What kind of RF transmitter/receiver does it use? Is it compatible with X-10 extended RF signals? If so, then a W800RF32A would allow you to receive these signals into PowerHome.

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

Dean

Posted: March 15 2006 at 00:26 | IP Logged Quote Dean

I'm looking into this as well. As JeffX states, there is an X10-capable transformer that replaces the normal transformer and gets wired into the Ademco/Honeywell security panel. I have a Vista-20P in my home. I just had some work done on my alarm system (I am monitored by a national security company) and was talking with the tech. He didn't know much about it but he did leave me with a programming manual and I did manage to accidentally see him enter the installer code.   

You can program the Vista-20P to send X10 codes for various events. For example, when you arm the system have the Vista-20P send out an X10 A1 On which would be received by PowerHome. PowerHome could then run a specific Macro.

I don't have the X10 transformer, and I'm a little hesitant about monkeying around with the Vista-20P since I do have a security company monitoring my alarm system. I'm not sure who technically owns the equipment and they don't know that I know the installer code. I don't want to screw things up.

If I was going to put in an alarm system myself, I would probably go with something like the ELK M1 as it appears it has more features.

Anyway, if anyone has done anything with the Ademco/Honeywell Vista-20P I would like to hear about it.

-Dean
Back to Top View Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Dean

Dean

Posted: March 15 2006 at 00:29 | IP Logged Quote Dean

Forgot to mention, you need an alpha-numerica keypad (model 6160 I believe is one of the models) to be able to program the Vista-20P (other than via software,but I don't know anything about this). The default keypad that alarm companies usually give you (at least the company I have) is not capable of programming the Vista-20P.
Back to Top View Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Dean

jeffx

Posted: March 21 2006 at 09:35 | IP Logged Quote jeffx

Dave, how hard would it be to interface the Ademco Vista 128BP with Powerhome? Here is a link to the serial protocol this alarm panel uses:

http://www.ademco.com/pdf/Home%20Automation.pdf

tanstaaf1

Posted: March 21 2006 at 11:41 | IP Logged Quote tanstaaf1

I'll second the request for Ademco Vista 128BP support!
Back to Top View tanstaaf1's Profile Search for other posts by tanstaaf1

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 22 2006 at 00:15 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

tanstaaf1, welcome to PowerHome!

I took a quick look at the docs and it should'nt be too hard to put together. I wouldnt be able to work on anything though until after the EHX show the end of this month.

The biggest problem I saw is there was nothing in the docs that stated what settings you connect to the serial port as (1200 bps, 8 data bits, No parity, etc).

Anyways, I went ahead and put together a quick proof of concept macro that should hopefully send an Arm Home command to the panel. If you can, give it a test and it'll help me when I go to put something bigger together.

I had to guess at the above mentioned serial port settings and used what I stated above. The macro will ask you for the COM port, then the user number, and then the user code. This could all be hardcoded later.

In any event, here is the macro code:

Code:
insert into macroheader values ('ADEMCO','ADEMCO',0,0,1);
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',1,25,'No TTS',NULL,'"This is a test of the Ademco Alarm Panel and will attempt to send an Arm Home command.. Please enter the COM port."',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',2,15,'[LOCAL1]',NULL,'"[INPUTRET]"',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',3,25,'No TTS',NULL,'"Please Enter the User Number."',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',4,15,'[LOCAL2]',NULL,'if([INPUTRET] > 9,"[INPUTRET]","0[INPUTRET]")',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',5,25,'No TTS',NULL,'"Please Enter the User Code."',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',6,15,'[LOCAL3]',NULL,'"[INPUTRET]"',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',7,15,'[LOCAL4]',NULL,'ph_comopen(1,[LOCAL1],1200,"N",8,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,"?","")',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',8,27,'',NULL,'if([LOCAL4] = 0,"CONTINUE1","ERROR1")',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',9,26,'',NULL,'ERROR1',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',10,24,'No TTS',1,'"An error occurred while attempting to open the COM port."',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',11,16,'',NULL,'999',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',12,26,'',NULL,'CONTINUE1',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',13,15,'[LOCAL5]',NULL,'"0Eah[LOCAL2][LOCAL3]00"',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',14,38,'',0,'ph_setvar_a(1,7,0) + ph_forloopwinc("ph_addtovar(1,7,asc(mid(''[LOCAL5]'',ph_getvar_n(1,6),1)))",1,len("[LOCAL5]"),1,6) + ph_setvar_a(1,7,mod(ph_getvar_n(1,7),256))',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',15,38,'',0,'ph_setvar_a(1,8,[LOCAL7] ^ 0.5) + if(ph_getvar_n(1,8) > int(ph_getvar_n(1,8)),ph_setvar_a(1,8,int(ph_getvar_n(1,8)) + 1),0) + ph_setvar_a(1,8,2 ^ ph_getvar_n(1,8) - 1) + ph_setvar_a(1,8,ph_xor(ph_getvar_n(1,8),ph_getvar_n(1,7)) + 1) + ph_setvar_s(1,8,right(ph_numtohex(ph_getvar_n(1,8)),2))',0,' ');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',16,15,'[LOCAL5]',NULL,'"[LOCAL5][LOCAL8]"',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',17,38,'',0,'ph_comsendstring(1,"[LOCAL5]\013\010")',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',18,38,'',0,'ph_comclose(1)',0,'');
insert into macrodetail values ('ADEMCO',19,24,'No TTS',1,'"The Alarm panel should now be Armed Home."',0,'');

Let me know if it works,

Dave.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version