Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Replacing Insteon Devices Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Handman

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 22 2014 at 14:43 | IP Logged Quote Handman

I am using the new 2.1.5 PH. I am trying to replace a 6-key Smarthome 2486D KeypadLinc with a newer 2486DWH8 8-key KeypadLinc Dimmer device. I swapped devices (physically) and then used the discover function to get the info on the NEW DEVICE1. So far so good. I tried to add the old device ID in the NEW DEVICE1 Replace Address column in Insteon Explorer under the Device tab, but I get an error message saying, "DATA WINDOW ERROR: Proper address format is XX.XX.XX where XX is a hexidecimal number from 00 to FF." When I try to use either the ReplaceID or SwapIP drop down list to select the replaced device, I get another Data Window Error message which says, "Item 07.98.76 does not pass the validation test."

Am I doing something wrong? Can I not transfer the links from a 6-key device to a newer8-key device?
Back to Top View Handman's Profile Search for other posts by Handman

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 22 2014 at 15:18 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Handman,

The datawindow error is in version 2.1.5. Version 2.1.5a was released to fix this specific error and a few others. You would need to check that thread for download and install instructions.

However, once you do get 2.1.5a up and running...if you're simply trying to replace a device with another new device, you don't want to auto discover it or add it to PowerHome in any way. Just put the new device address in the Replace Address column and hit save. It will use the existing record and recreate all the existing links. Since you've already added this device, you'll want to delete the NEW DEVICE1 line (and save) then put its address in the Replace Address column.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

Handman

Posted: July 22 2014 at 20:06 | IP Logged Quote Handman

Thanks Dave. I did it the right way in 2.15 with the Replace column, but when I got the error I thought it something I did wrong. The upgrade and replace went swimmingly!
Back to Top View Handman's Profile Search for other posts by Handman

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 22 2014 at 20:28 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Handman,

Awesome! Thanks for reporting back .

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version