Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Multiple SDM3 Instances Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
QuickCarl
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 15 2006 at 08:17 | IP Logged Quote QuickCarl

I recently upgraded to version 1.03.4.9. Things have been running smoothly for several days. Today, however something really strange is happening.

Last night the application stopped working (usually an SDM3 problem) because some of my night time macros didn't get run. so I exited the application, rebooted, and satrted the application again.

When it started, it ran faily slowly, and started multiple instances of SDM3. The longer I let it run the more it started. It got up to four instances and none of them tranmitted commands to the Insteon lights.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Edited by QuickCarl - December 15 2006 at 08:24

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 15 2006 at 10:21 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

It seems like this is a sign of the Insteon PLC locking up. Exit PH, make sure the SDM's close, unplug the PLC for a bit, plug it back in, and restart PH.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

QuickCarl
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: December 15 2006 at 11:23 | IP Logged Quote QuickCarl

The SDMs don't close, I have to use the Windows Task Manager to kill the processes.

Why are multiple ones opened? This seems like bad behavior on PH's part. Shouldn't it just tell you that the PLC is locked up instead of starting multiple instances?

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 15 2006 at 14:07 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I agree.

Until this gets looked into, try the above steps.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 18 2006 at 16:04 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

This should be fixed in the next version. The current version of PowerHome and earlier ones used SDM restart code to work with earlier SDM versions which would constantly lock up or exit with an error. PowerHome would try to sense when the SDM was not communicating and would restart as necessary. Previous SDM versions would lock up as frequently as 3 or 4 times a day.

However, the more recent versions of the SDM are much more stable so Ive removed this code. The problem now seems to be with either the PLC or the SDM causing the PLC to lockup since the new problems seem to be the PLC locking up and requiring a power restart in order to clear themselves. This didnt seem to happen in previous versions of the SDM but is reported now with the most current PowerHome SDM version 278.

Version 308 is available, but I have not tested this myself. Version 235 was the version used in the previous version of PowerHome and that version seems to be the most stable so far. Ive seen links posted to version 308 but I will upload version 235 shortly so users can test that and see if it's more stable than 278.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

GSOUZA
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: January 13 2007 at 22:59 | IP Logged Quote GSOUZA

For the first time in a few weeks without problems, tonight, my triggers wont running ok so i oppened the PH and see that was 4 instances of SDM running. dont know why.

restart powerlinc, server, ph.

now everything is running fine again.

ps. im using SDM 308.

cya

Gustavo
Back to Top View GSOUZA's Profile Search for other posts by GSOUZA

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version