Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Bug Reports
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Bug Reports
Subject Topic: ADIM not working Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dmoreno

Online Status: Offline
Posted: February 19 2006 at 03:12 | IP Logged Quote dmoreno

Hey Dave, I DL'd and installed v1.03.4.6. Looks good, and looks like I have some learning to do. I can't seem to get the ADIM button to work on the stat screen. I set the level, click the 'ADim' button, and nothing happens. I did notice that with a dim button on my CTRL Screen the lights do dim, but in very, very minute increments. You can barely see the difference when the dim button is pressed only once. However, click the dim button about 15 or 20 time and you can see that the dim button works. I have tried this on a wall switch and on a lamp module. The results were the same. Don
Back to Top View dmoreno's Profile Search for other posts by dmoreno

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 19 2006 at 18:23 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Don,

Good to hear from you. Glad you were able to upgrade without too many problems.

The ADIM command should be working, but is highly dependent upon the proper X10 Type being chosed for your X10 Devices. If the X10 Device Type has extended commands checked, then PowerHome will attempt to send an Extended command for the dimming. If your X10 controller does not support extended commands, then you won't get any dimming. If extended commands are not available, then PowerHome will check for the availability of Preset dim commands and will use them. Again, if the device or the controller does not support preset dim commands, no dimming. Last, PowerHome will just use standard dim commands and calculate the offset from the current dim status and send the appropriate number of dim commands.

What type of device are you controlling and what flags are set in it's device type. Also, what type of controller are you using? Let me know and I can tell you the best settings.

Concerning the Dim buttons on the Control Center. They are designed to only send a very small dim percent. If you would like a bigger dim value, then change the button to a formula button and use the ph_x10 command function. For example, if your device is on B5 and is controlled by X10-1, then the formula for a 10% dim would be: ph_x10("X10-1","B",5,0) + ph_x10("X10-1","B",104,10)

Let me know how this goes,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

dmoreno

Posted: February 19 2006 at 19:28 | IP Logged Quote dmoreno

Accually I had a few problems. When updating the database, Only the headers where converted, everything else was dropped. But, No big deal for me, Because I was thinking of redoing my whole layout anyway.
As far as the Adim, I am controlling with only 1 cm11A, and all flags are set. I am using the CM11a to control lamp modules and light switch's.
Back to Top View dmoreno's Profile Search for other posts by dmoreno

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 20 2006 at 16:04 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Don,

Sorry to hear that the upgrade wasnt that great .

Concerning the ADIM. The CM11A controller will send extended commands and preset dim commands with no problems. The only problem will be if the device doesnt support extended or dim commands. If you're using standard X10 wall switches (WS467) and standard lamp modules (LM465), then you need to make sure that the X10 types for these modules have extended commands and preset dim UN-checked. Both of these devices ONLY support Standard Dim commands.

Let me know,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

npavkov
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: February 21 2006 at 13:43 | IP Logged Quote npavkov

dave what is the difference between using the formula of "ph_x10("X10-1","B",5,0) + ph_x10("X10-1","B",104,10)" described above as apposed to using the ph_x10btn function to perform the dim.
Back to Top View npavkov's Profile Search for other posts by npavkov

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 22 2006 at 13:37 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Don,

Not too much. The ph_x10 functions sends raw X10 data without having to have an X10 device declared. You can see that Im sending B5 followed by BOn. The ph_x10btn requires that an X10 device be defined. A simple dim command will actually produce nearly the same code. First, the X10 Device ID has to be resolved and the X10 address obtained. It is then sent out in the same formula. The ADIM command though contains more code. It first has to determine what type of X10 the device supports and then construct the individual raw commands.

Essentially, the ph_x10btn command is just a shortcut for individual ph_x10 commands.

HTH,

Dave.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version